Vitae: Connections: Getting to Grips
Connections: Getting to grips is Vitae’s annual professional development event for anyone who has recently taken on responsibility for supporting researchers in their professional development, whether as a full-time role or as a part-time activity.
Developing researchers can be hugely rewarding but often challenging. This introductory event will help you to ‘get to grips’ with your new role and to:
- navigate the researcher development landscape, seeing it from institutional, national and international perspectives
- gain insights into how to add value in your role, create impact and effectively engage researchers in their professional development
- concentrate on your own professional development, with opportunities to shape the programme on the day through open space and interactive sessions
- meet other professionals who support researchers in this way.
We expect participants to come from a range of roles within the institution, including those who dedicate just a portion of their time to researcher development. For example, the event will be relevant to academics, senior managers, human resources professionals, teaching and learning professionals, and staff from research offices, careers services and libraries, as well as researcher development professionals.
We welcome participants from anywhere in the world who have a new role (less than 18 months’ experience) in supporting the professional development of researchers. For example, you might support researchers’ through:
- Training and development
- Research administration
- Research supervision
- Staff development
- Doctoral Training Partnerships or Centres
- Graduate Schools
- Careers services
- Research and enterprise offices.
The ‘Vitae Connections’ series of events is designed to provide insights, tools and tactics to make you more effective in a researcher development role and to support the continuing professional development of staff supporting researchers.
Vitae CPD certification is available for this event and would provide appropriate evidence against the Careers Framework for Researcher Developers (CFRD), for example, in ‘Training and Development’, ‘Planning and Strategy’ and ‘Underpinning Knowledge’.
Connections: Getting to grips May 2020
|When||May 14, 2020 (Europe/London / UTC100)|
|Where||Virtual – Go to Training|
|Contact Phone||01223 460277|
Connections: Getting to Grips – this event is now fully booked. Register your interest for the October 2020 Connections event.