UNESCO is pleased to announce the forthcoming online multistakeholder Regional Consultation on Open Science for East Europe that will be held on 24 September from 10 am to 1pm (CEST).
The meeting will be held on the Zoom platform in English and Russian. The registration for participation is available at: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkfu6tqD4iGtb6FCJJtU3Kwb81ph562lNR
This online meeting is part of a series of regional consultations aimed at building a global consensus on Open Science. It provides a platform for receiving inputs from East European scientists, science funders, policy makers, innovators, publishers, and other concerned stakeholders to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science. Lessons learnt and experiences of the regional stakeholders on the development and implementation of Open Science strategies, policies and other initiatives, will be shared taking cognizance of the key challenges and required infrastructures for Open Science with suggestions on how to overcome them, as well as areas for international collaboration and networking to advance Open Science globally. More information is available in the attached Concept Note.
- Introduction to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
- Panel discussion on Open Science in Eastern Europe: Implications for Policy, Science and Society
– Open Science from the Policy perspective
– Open Science from the Science perspective
– Open Science and the engagement with Society
- Open discussion on Key messages from Eastern Europe for the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
UNESCO web page : https://en.unesco.org/science-sustainable-future/open-science/regional-consultations/
For more informations and full agenda please download the document below:
Concept note_OS Consultation for Eastern Europe (1)