Responsible Research and Innovation: India and the World Today
RRING Virtual Workshop
Under the RRING Project, PRIA is organising a virtual workshop titled, “Responsible Research and Innovation: India and the World Today” on 17th June, 2020 between 10:30- 11:30 a.m. (IST).
This virtual workshop is designed to involve the India-based stakeholders, including academics and practitioners, policymakers and civil society organisations to play an active role in an important conversation on the social responsibility of science and innovation. It will be an opportunity to share the data from a global survey conducted under the RRING Project which involved over 2000 respondents, examining socially responsible research and innovation practices and policies.
Organised by Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA)
Date: 17th June 2020
Time: 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (IST)
- 10:30 a.m.-10:40 a.m. Opening Comments by Dr. Rajesh Tandon (Founder-President,PRIA)
- 10:40 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Presentation of initial results of the Global Survey on Social Responsibility of Science and Innovation in Practice by Dr. Eric Jensen (Senior Research Fellow, ICoRSA)
- 11:00 a.m.- 11:10a.m. Expert comments by Dr. Shahid Jameel (CEO, DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance)
- 11:10 a.m.-11:25 a.m. Q/A Session
- 11:25 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Closing Comments
About the Organiser
PRIA is a 38 years old civil society organization working for the issues of participation, democracy and governance. PRIA also jointly co-chairs the UNESCO Chair in Community Based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education Institutions. This Chair is co-directed by Dr. Budd L. Hall (University of Victoria, Canada) and Dr. Rajesh Tandon. PRIA is currently a partner to the Responsible Research and Innovation Networking Globally (RRING) Project which is EC funded and is trying to understand the manifestation of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) framework globally.