Guide Involving Communities in the COVID-19 Response
From how we continue to fight the pandemic, to what the new normal for our economy, environment and communities should look like, significant decisions need to be taken in the coming weeks and months with consequences that will be felt for years and decades.
This handbook is intended to support local authorities to consider how they can build back with their local communities, involving them in the Covid-19 response and recovery.
The handbook contains eight chapters, covering the following:
- Chapter 2: Why involve people now – the rationale for involving local communities in the Covid response and recovery;
- Chapter 3: Before you start – tips on making the case and securing institutional buy-in;
- Chapter 4: Where to start – some principles for planning high quality public engagement;
- Chapter 5: Helpful resources – a range of handy handbooks, guides and toolkits to help plan and deliver community engagement;
- Chapter 6: Where it’s happening – examples and case studies engaging people in taking decisions and action around Covid;
- Chapter 7: What it could look like – illustrative processes to provide some inspiration for how communities could be engaged on different issues;
- Chapter 8: Further reading – links to interesting further reading on Covid, public participation and democracy
To read the full handbook prepared to you by Involve UK please click on the link below and download it